Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: ASUS RT-N13U Unsecured Telnet on LAN and WAN

From: Shelby Spencer <pwd_manager () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 06:05:38 -0700

It should be further noted, that setting a password for the telnet account via the /sbin/chpasswd.sh script is only
valid until the next reboot when it gets wiped out.

After alerting ASUS, I got the following non-reply.  They are not taking the problem seriously (they just closed out
the ticket with a generic response):

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Joe and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Thank
 you for contacting ASUS and providing your feedback. Your information
has been documented. If you have further questions or concerns, please
contact us at 812-282-2787 and we will be happy to help you.

Welcome to refer Troubleshooting & FAQ for ASUS products in ASUS website:
http://support.asus.com/servicehome.aspx?SLanguage=en

If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

An email survey will be sent to you within the next 5 days. Please be sure to rate the service I provided to you today.