Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Denial of Service in WordPress

From: Ryan Dewhurst <ryandewhurst () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:34:46 +0200

This just affects the client though right? So doesn't DoS a WordPress blog,
just presents an error message to the user if they click on a crafted link.
How could this be used in the real world to cause any risk?

From my understanding you'd have to get the user to click on the tinyurl,
which would then show them a browser redirect error? If this is the case,
how does this benefit an attacker?