Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SolusVM WHMCS module privilege escalation, also libcurl vuln?

From: Źmicier Januszkiewicz <gauri () tut by>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:05:56 +0200

Why, hello there.

it appears to be a result of a vulnerability - or at the very least
weakness - in the implementation of libcurl; in particular, weak randomness
in generating the form boundary.

Is the boundary value generation required to be cryptographically strong?
It does not come as a requirement as far as I know.

The application itself has to perform proper input sanitation on ALL of its
inputs coming from outside. For some reason, it is always libraries that
are blamed for application flaws.