Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: What Intruder Detection System (IDS) or Network Security Monitor (NSM) do you use?

From: Rain Li <lyp20062392 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:22:00 -0600

Hi, Dan,

Have you tried Bro? FYI, http://www.bro-ids.org/.

Regards

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Dan Ballance <tzewang.dorje () gmail com>wrote:

Hi guys and girls,

If anyone had 30 seconds to spare to make a recommendation I'd be very
appreciative.

I have tried to us Prelude in the past, but last time I looked, they had
fallen out with Snort :(

I have also tried Sguil and got that working nicely with Security Onion (
http://securityonion.blogspot.co.uk ) for a single machine but will need
something that can monitor network-wide.

What are other folks out there using? Should I persevere with
hand-rolling Sguil myself or is there another system out there that I have
missed?

thanks!