Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerabilities hiddenly fixed in WordPress 3.5 and 3.5.1

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 03:52:28 -0500

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 23:45:24 +0200, "MustLive" said:
not designed to have detailed description of vulnerabilities, just
information about non-serious developers who hiddenly fixed multiple
vulnerabilities in different versions of their software.

The fact they didn't tell you every single little bugfix they put into
a release doesn't necessarily make them non-serious.

I'd also like to point out that often, the developers aren't the people
who make the final decision about what to list in the release notes.  It's
quite possible the developers wanted it included, but somebody else edited
it out.  I've met lots of serious developers from lots of vendors who end up
being muzzled by their legal department.

You know, all those possibilities that serious security researchers take into
account before they shoot their mouth off. ;)