Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [CVE-2013-6986] Insecure Data Storage in Subway Ordering for California (ZippyYum) 3.4 iOS mobile application

From: William Scott Lockwood III <scott () guppylog com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 06:32:24 -0600

Hilarious. If I were just plain ignoring the PCI DSS, I'd want to hide
evidence of it, too.

If you really want to ruin their day, report this to VISA.

--
W. Scott Lockwood III
GWB20090338817
On Dec 17, 2013 3:12 AM, "Fyodor" <fyodor () nmap org> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Daniel Wood <daniel.wood () owasp org> wrote:

Title: [CVE-2013-6986] Insecure Data Storage in Subway Ordering for
California (ZippyYum) 3.4 iOS mobile application

Reported to Vendor: May 2013
CVE Reference: CVE-2013-6986

Apparently you touched a nerve!  If the legal threats we received for
archiving this security advisory on SecLists.org are any indication,
ZippyYum really doesn't want anyone to know they were storing users' credit
card info (including security code) and passwords in cleartext on their
phones.

"Please remove this information from your website immediately in order at
avoid further legal action." --Mikken Tutton, CEO of ZippyYum client
IntersecWorldWide

Of course we have ignored the threats and kept the advisory proudly posted
at: http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/Dec/39

Here are the legal threats we received today and last Wednesday: