Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: <b>Where are you guys standing re: the (full) disclosure question?</b>

From: Dieyu <dieyu () dieyu org>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 02:52:33 +0000

Q: 1. should I tell MS first?
A: Microsoft is just a big company - there are good guys(my good friend was
there), and there are bad guys(who think too much about money, etc). So,
it's up to you whether you email secure@ms. Another factor: it can take
months for a bug to be fixed(first MSRC checks it, then product team fixes
it, then release - all steps take a lot of time). Guninski "give them a few
seconds" - if you want to work with Microsoft, you got to be a little
patient.

Q: 2. being this is possibly my first bug as a researcher, will this get me
into trouble (legal or otherwise)?