Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: XKeyscore sees 'nearly EVERYTHING you do online

From: Alex <fd () daloo de>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 17:14:25 +0200

What happened is that they taped the links from Level 3 (and maybe
others) between the Exchanges (DE-CIX) and the DCs. That way they got
most of the traffic.

German's may want to read
http://www.golem.de/news/nsa-skandal-wie-der-de-cix-abgehoert-wird-1308-100745.html
[4]

Am 2013-08-02 15:50, schrieb Bart van Tuil:

I'd guess that at least Germany The Netherlands and Russia (see map) would raise hell if the NSA forced their
carriers (they still ARE sovereign states, even if that means nearly nothing to the US). I think there's got to be
something different.

Bart

Gary Baribault, 2 augustus 2013 13:22

Having access to the building is ok, but you still need to sniff the fibre, and in a centre like that any tap would
be found quickly by one tech or another .. the guys from NANOG are good, so the deal must be with the carriers.

If it's a 'legit' connection then No Problèmo

Gary B