Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Who's behind limestonenetworks.com AKA DDoS on polipo(8123)

From: Luther Blissett <lblissett () paranoici org>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:58:41 -0300

On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 19:31 +0200, Jann Horn wrote:

Let me google that for you. Hmm. Assigned to "Polipo Web proxy". So maybe
someone tried to connect to them through your exit node and they do proxyscans
on people who connect to them?

Sorry but I did not understand this. I had already said it was attempt
on polipo. What exactly was so dumb in my phrasing that required you to
rephrase it?

Before the packet storm,

Oooh, a storm!

Ok, maybe it was just a light wind and my system is the most laughable
one.

Maybe your disk is just broken?

This may very well be the case. I'll recheck for badblocks. The disk is
a few years old.

Your systems were impacted by a DoS attack with 30 packets per second? You might
want to upgrade to hardware that is a few decades newer.

I answered this on the other reply. It is certainly weird.

74.63.255.118: 248
216.245.193.201: 235
208.115.232.205: 231
74.63.255.119: 225
216.245.193.200: 219
[...]
O=TCP SPT=2216 : 1

You were attacked by "O=TCP SPT=2216"? Cool story.

I'm glad you flagged this. I made up some quick dirty code to parse log
messages and though it seems to have worked fine on most lines, this one
got wrong on the regex. Thank you.