Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Who's behind limestonenetworks.com AKA DDoS on polipo(8123)

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:36:40 -0400

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Jann Horn <jann () thejh net> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 01:37:54PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Jann Horn <jann () thejh net> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 05:29:52PM -0300, Luther Blissett wrote:
Hello dear companions,

Two days ago one of my tor exit nodes experienced something I'm now
calling "limestonenetworks DDoS on polipo" ( $WAN_IP:8123 ), since all

DDoS? So you mean your systems were impacted by that?
He may be running an exit node for the benefit of others on a low
bandwidth connection.

Forgive me if you were joking with an old friend, or I missed something.

Let's check how massive that "attack" is.
I didn't claim it was massive. I simply said he may be bandwidth limited.

What other traffic is on that line? Or do all Tor folks purchase a
second internet connection for their Tor services?

Jeff