Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Multiple 0-days in Dark Comet RAT

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:06:06 -0700

It's InfoSec. Nothing has any meaning anymore.  Or, better stated, things means whatever people want them to mean in
order to forward their agenda.  When we talked about full disclosure a while back, somebody said I was "jaded" as if it
meant I had "clouded judgement."  They were actually right though, as jaded" means "negative by way of experience."

I remember when people started using metrics like "moderately critical" to describe their [what they called] 0-day XSS
vulnerability for some ancient CRM package. That way they get to say they published 14,000 0-days on their marketing
material.

Some dude recently posted on a professional list how he routinely cracks the NTLMv2 hashes for 10,000 users in 36 hours
with rainbow tables.  Of course every single part of the statement is complete BS but no one (except me) even blinked.

People talk about how stupid users are, but I think the people in the industry are far worse.

Sent from whatever device will keep us from debating which one is better.