Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DoS vulnerabilities in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera

From: Memory Vandal <memvandal () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 21:59:43 +0530

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM, MustLive <mustlive () websecurity com ua>wrote:

 > Anybody want to guess how many cores are on his test box? :)

It's too simple puzzle :-). The most interesting in these results it's
crashes and freezes.

Of course I know about this dependence of CPU consuming from the number of
CPU cores (just after I've upgraded first time from 1 core to 2 cores CPU
in
March 2009). During this testing I've checked this exploit (in Firefox) on
one notebook - the only computer with single core CPU at my home - and
results was 88% CPU consumption.

Anyone want to bet that he doesn't understand threading? ;)

MemoryVandal