Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The Mystery of the Duqu Framework

From: William Pitcock <nenolod () systeminplace net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 23:59:46 -0600

On 3/10/2012 10:04 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:16:26 CST, William Pitcock said:

If it looks like COM, smells like COM, and acts like COM, then it's
probably COM.  It certainly isn't "some new programming language" like
Kaspersky says.  That's just the dumbest thing I've heard this year.

So what you're saying here is that there's a lot of people accepting
security advice and/or software from professionals who wouldn't recognize
a COM object if it came up and bit them on the butt...

Either that or it's intentional misinformation.  Whichever is worse is
for the users of Kaspersky products to decide, I suppose.

William