Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Obama Order Sped Up Wave of Cyberattacks Against Iran

From: valdis.kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:15:46 -0400

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:06:37 -0400, Laurelai said:

I am a bit surprised by the direction of this conversation and I have
been waiting for someone to say the obvious in regards to protecting
yourself from .gov malware, it really is quite simple if you think about
it. Stuxnet, duqu, flame, ect.. all only run on windows platforms. If
the people you are protecting are concerned about that kind of malware
(and they should be) it would be a great time to tell them about
GNU/Linux, BSD, ect..

You *do* realize that's basically  the same logic as "Macs don't get viruses",
only  even worse security-wise.

If your threat model actually includes "attacked by state actors",  then it
should include the possibility that the team of state actors includes an OSX
jockey and a few Linux geeks.