Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How much time is appropriate for fixing a bug?

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 15:47:56 +0300

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 12:30:09PM -0400, Kurt Ellzey wrote:
vendors know better, the messenger is guilty.
design flaws are hard and expensive to fix, lol.
there is time for fixing and there is time for breaking any vendor will
tell you.

"There are never any flaws- they are not bugs, they're features!"

There are no significant bugs in our released software that any
significant number of users want fixed. … I'm saying we don't do a new
version to fix bugs. We don't. Not enough people would buy it. You can
take a hundred people using Microsoft Word. Call them up and say "Would
you buy a new version because of bugs?" You won't get a single person to
say they'd buy a new version because of bugs. We'd never be able to sell
a release on that basis.

    Focus Magazine No. 43 (23 October 1995)

    http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Gates