Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Rate Stratfor's Incident Response, Philosophy of Information Security

From: coderman <coderman () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 22:32:55 -0800

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Shyaam Sundhar <shyaam () gmail com> wrote:
why are people sloppy by nature when it comes to
security?

this is like asking for the origin of existence; a mystery to the end!

Why is security still considered as a blanket as opposed to the
core of any system?

build security in: a radical concept!

instead quality is conferred second rate status, lucre and expedience
trump effectiveness, and short sighted competition creates cavities of
vulnerability where only broad cooperation can protect.

an endless playground for the curious and devious to deceive, thwart,
and threaten at will.

PS: I am totally wrong and I know that ;)

infosec is totally wrong as industry, too few know that! ;P