Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: captcha

From: Ryan Chapman <mrrchapman () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 20:04:42 -0500

Awesome topic, i'm looking forward to hearing alot more about this.
There is Ted talking video explaining, but not into the security end of it.

http://blog.ted.com/2011/12/06/massive-scale-online-collaboration-luis-von-ahn-on-ted-com/

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:56, Jan van Niekerk <jvnkrk () gmail com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM, ebhakt <ebhakt () gmail com> wrote:
Hii guys,
Hii Ebhakt

I want to know the logic behind creating a captcha imagey
I know how the servers are designed and what the captcha security does!!
but how the captcha imagae is generated
that's my main question !!
The code that generates captcha imagey is top secret proprietary
software.  Only the top software engineers of the global captcha
security firms have access to the source code, and then only when each
one of them provides half of the security key to decode the system.
The code is never actually loaded in memory.  If this code ever got
into the wrong hands then the entire captcha security system would be
broken.

Any ideas , guesses !!
Maybe do a dictionary attack.
Just mail around !!

Thanks
your welcome hopes this helps

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL
certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and
how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to
test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache
web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help
you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

--
Ryan Chapman