Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: facebook

From: "Raj Mathur (राज माथुर)" <raju () linux-delhi org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 10:37:24 +0530

On Tuesday 03 Jan 2012, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:39:56 PST, t0hitsugu said:
I'm more confused as to why he replied when I had messaged this
board

Because he has a stupid autoresponder that blabs out to the From:
address without bothering to figure out if it's actually addressed
to him personally, or if it's traffic to a list he subscribes to.
There's a number of really good heuristics, none of which his
autoresponder actually did:

1) Check Return-Path: and Sender: for the patterns owner-*@,
*-request@, and *-bounces@ 2) Check for a List-ID: header
3) Check if an address of yours is listed in the To: or cc: fields.
4) For bonus credit, don't send a note if you've sent a note to the
same address since the autoresponder was turned on (helps prevent
loops).

5) Check for the Precedence: Bulk or Precedence: List header.

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                          || raju () kandalaya org   || GPG:
http://otheronepercent.blogspot.com || http://kandalaya.org || CC68