Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Is Your Online Bank Vulnerable To Currency Rounding Attacks?

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 13:41:51 -0500

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM, ACROS Security Lists <lists () acros si> wrote:

Many online banks we've reviewed have been found to be vulnerable to the "currency
rounding attack". What's special about this attack? Not much, except that it seems to
be perfectly legal and allows one to make tens of thousands of EUR/USD per day. Read
about it in our blog and help your banks avoid it:

http://blog.acrossecurity.com/2012/01/is-your-online-bank-vulnerable-to.html

or

http://bit.ly/yp4idv
I believe the term is "arbitrage" (not rounding attacks).

Jeff