Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Portspoof - service signature obfuscator (more pain for port scanners)

From: Piotr Duszynski <piotr () duszynski eu>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 09:49:15 +0200

Hi,

Short description of the soft and the concept:

The portspoof program is designed to enhance OS security through
emulation of legitimate service signatures on otherwise closed ports.
The general goal of the program is to make the port scanning process
very slow and output very difficult to interpret,
thus making the attack reconnaissance phase a challenging and
bothersome task.

More info at: http://portspoof.duszynski.eu/

Note:
This is an idea that I had for a long time in mind and finally I found
some time to implement it.
It is still an early release and some part of the code isn't perfect,
but I'll be working on that :]

Cheers,
Piotrek