Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: sandboxed browsing

From: "Giovanni [dacav] Simoni" <simgidacav () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 07:46:57 +0200

First of all: hello to everyone (this is the first time I'm writing)!

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 11:20:06AM -0700, bk wrote:
For practical surfing of suspect content, Firefox in a VM with NoScript,
running through Privoxy & Tor (don't forget to configure Firefox to send
DNS requests through Tor, it doesn't do that by default).

About TOR (I don't know if this is OT with respect to the thread subject),
which is the best configuration for a browser?

On torproject.org they strongly suggest the use of the Browser Bundle, but
personally I don't like that much the idea of runnining another instance
of Firefox with its own configuration. Also, reading the website, It's
possible to find a lot of ways for torifying applications[1], but after
reading this article[2], I've start wondering if this documentation is
out-dated.

[1]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO
[2]: https://blog.torproject.org/blog/toggle-or-not-toggle-end-torbutton

--