Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Working to get more people to check if their infected with DNS Changer

From: Gage Bystrom <themadichib0d () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:09:12 -0700

You forget that the culprits have already been caught, no one is there in
order to issue an update to circumvent the check site.
On Apr 4, 2012 9:55 AM, <demonsdebason () gmail com> wrote:

I see a hole in the "Check this site to test your DNS".
DNS spoofing attacker would change NS,A or MX record for a certain,
targeted site, like Facebook.
If you don't use DNSSecs or don't monitor (IDS/IPS) your DNS traffic I
just don't see how checking a certain site DNS mapping would expose malware
infection?

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL
certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and
how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to
test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache
web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help
you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1