Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: We're now paying up to $20, 000 for web vulns in our services

From: Ramon de C Valle <rcvalle () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:13:05 -0400 (EDT)

IMHO, anyone who willingly, knowingly places customer data at risk
by inviting attacks on their production systems is playing a very
dangerous game. There is no guarantee that a vuln discovered by a
truly honest researcher couldn't become a weapon for the dishonest
"researcher" through secondary discovery

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that the dishonest researcher
will not try to find vulnerabilities if there is no reward program
for
the honest ones?

He made a good example of a Slippery Slope.

--
Ramon de C Valle / Red Hat Product Security Team