Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Western Union Certificate Error

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 17:03:13 +0000

I personally would prefer that the browsers only trust keys that I have signed,
have low trust for keys signed by keys I have signed, and no trust for the rest.
I'd really like the ability to walk into western union or my bank or local google
office and sign their key as well as the ability to revoke my signature without
revoking my key.

You have complete control over this - just remove the ones you want from the default collection of CAs in the Trusted
Certificate Authority store.   Well, not necessarily the intermediate authorities, but I'm sure you could figure it all
out if you wanted to.