Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Questions regarding cryptography laws

From: Sihan <sihanzheng () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:44:14 -0400

Hello list!

This is my first time posting software on sourceforge, and I see this:
"This project DOES incorporate, access, call upon or otherwise use encryption. Posting of open source encryption is controlled under U.S. Export Control Classification Number "ECCN" 5D002 and must be simultaneously reported by email to the U.S. government. You are responsible for submitting this email report to the U.S. government in accordance with procedures described in:http://www.bis.doc.gov/encryption/PubAvailEncSourceCodeNotify.htmland Section 740.13(e) of the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-772."

I am in Canada, so i assume this does not apply to me. But are there any paperwork I should do in Canada?

thank you