Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Outlook Web Access Session sidejacking/Session Replay Vulnerability

From: William Reyor <opticfiber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:30:00 -0400

How would a remote attacker be able to read my systems memory?

On Oct 25, 2011, at 7:28 PM, Darren McDonald <darren () dmcdonald net> wrote:

On 25 October 2011 23:36, William Reyor <opticfiber () gmail com> wrote:
Still possible when ssl connections are enforced?

Yes, because if an attacker is able read your system's memory then
they will be able to decrypt your SSL traffic by using your symmetric
encryption keys. I call this the encryption key sidejacking attack.

Renski