Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Google chrome sending strange DNS queries

From: TAS <p0wnsauc3 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:08:15 +0530

Start Chrome and start Wireshark. Apply the filter udp.port==5355

For Link Local Multicast Name Resolution protocol (LLMNR) protocol you
will similar output in wireshark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-local_Multicast_Name_Resolution

This protocol was implemented Windows Vista onwards, so you should
this in Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 as well.

-
TAS
http://twitter.com/p0wnsauc3