Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Materials regarding Cyber-war

From: bk <chort0 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:24:34 -0700

On Mar 14, 2011, at 10:04 AM, imipak wrote:

On 14/03/11 16:51, bk wrote:

The point you missed is that almost all the examples we've seen so far have
been closer to espionage than to actual warfare.

[...]

Despite that, I agree.  Espionage != War.  People hyping "cyberwar" are either trying
to increase their sales, budget, or jurisdiction.

"Report: Iran's paramilitary launches cyber attack"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jlwiVKEhlj8CjRz6dzR-McTlnRHw

-i

Yes, let's put a lot of stock in propaganda that amounts to "we're in ur hostin providerz, defacin ur websitez."

This is from the same regime that photoshopped in extra missiles to make their capabilities look stronger.

Grow up.

--
chort