Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MSN Live Password Decryptor v2.0 is Released

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 17:05:45 +0000

You know, I've basically ignored the triviality of your tools (and the spamming of this list) in the past because I
figure you've got as much right as anyone else to publish whatever tools you want.  I've published lame tools myself.

But when you try to present this crap as "Exposing the Password Secrets of MSN," it's just too much.  CrypteProtectData
and CryptUnprotectData are documented API calls to encrypt and decrypt blob data - to decrypt, you must be logged in as
the same user who encrypted data, and you must be on the same computer, as keys change per user, per computer.   It's
simple, basic crypto.

This very well may have some interest to beginners on Security Basics, but continuing to spam FD with your jazz hands
dance just makes you look amateurs who don't understand what security is.