Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IL and XSS vulnerabilities in multiple themes for WordPress

From: Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 19:12:06 +0300

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 06:57:44PM +0300, MustLive wrote:
Hi David!

You need to look harder ;-). Looks like you checked these two themes on those sites, admins of which deleted this
file. There are admins who can understand that scripts with phpinfo must not be at working sites (but it's rare
cases, and larger part of the sites with affected themes for WP contain test.php).

Yes, I've check all these 15 themes (I've tested even more and wasted a lot of time on it, but found exactly at these
15 themes). I've found them at live web sites in Internet, as I mentioned earlier.

Here are examples of the sites with test.php in Typebased and NewsPress themes:

http://thenetexperiment.com/wp-content/themes/typebased/includes/test.php

http://coporan.3x.ro/wp-content/themes/newspress/includes/test.php

For example, in April I was trying to find test.php in these 15 and other themes at WooThemes' demo site, but they
haven't this file in any of their themes (among those tested by me). So as for their own sites, then they understand
the risk, and when to sell holes for large price for their clients, then they already don't understand the risk and
position it as a feature :-).

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site