Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: "Hacker attacks won't hurt your company brand"

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:37:07 -0500

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:02:37 GMT, imipak said:

"...the idea that a breach is unlikely to kill your organization is
spreading, because it's backed by data."

Anyone?

Last I checked, TJX and Heartland were both still in business, and I don't
think any of their security teams ended up in jail or severely unemployed(*).
It's really hard to argue against those two data points.

'Nuff said.

(*) If in fact major numbers of people got canned, I missed it. References to any
"The security chief committed hari-kiri and 23 others were shown the door" news
articles are welcome.