Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Dailydave] [TOOL RELEASE] T50 Sukhoi PAK FA Mixed Packet Injector v2.45r-H2HC

From: Adrien Kunysz <adrien () kunysz be>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:54:13 +0000

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:10:15PM -0200, Nelson Brito wrote:
And lastly, but not least, how could you pretend to do something to get a high-performance fashion playing with
multi-core (multi-thread) if you are still limited by Kernel's network device queue??? Are you insane???

I don't know about the rest of this mail and I might misunderstand this
but Linux has had support for multiqueued NICs for some times now so
as far as I can tell, a multithreaded packets generation tool makes
may make sense if you want high performance on modern hardware (and
it's pretty much required if you want to fully utilize your 10Gb/s link).