Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Python ssl handling could be better...

From: Michael Krymson <krymson () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:34:52 -0600

You're preaching to the choir...I agree there should be support, but don't
go all talking about changing defaults without at least some thought
involved.

What about self-signed certs in my closed network?
What about guests on a network behind a web proxy that MITMs 80/443?
What if you're brokering a connection, not for some strict security sake,
but just because you can and gain a little bit of privacy? Have any personal
web sites/servers you don't *need* commercial certs for but want something
anyway?

In an ideal world, I hear what you're saying. But we're far from ideal...

I think we should be happy with the inclusion of such options in 3.2....