Full Disclosure mailing list archives

KeySoft (BrailleNote Apex) 9.1 Fixes Gaping Security Hole

From: Sabahattin Gucukoglu <mail () sabahattin-gucukoglu com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 03:57:36 +0000

From the release notes:

Password protected login
BrailleNote Apex can be password protected.  In case you forget your password, you can contact our Technical Support
services to obtain a password unlock file. User identification and device serial number will be required. For
security purposes, ActiveSync is disabled at this stage.)

Improved security
Access to communication protocols has been protected to prevent unwanted access to file system. When password
protection is activated, ActiveSync is disabled.

I'll leave the reader to draw his/her own conclusions concerning the "Password protected login" feature, pausing only
to doubt its usefulness in protecting my data when it doesn't use any encryption, but it's nice to know they've
*finally* addressed the telnet/FTP problem.  And just in time for a shiny new release, too.  I'll be the most handsome
web surfer at the local cafe.

Cheers,
Sabahattin