Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: one of my servers has been compromized

From: Christophe Garault <letoff () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:48:24 +0100

On 12/O5/2011 13:07, Lucio Crusca wrote :
Ferenc Kovacs wrote:

No, it's just common saying. I apply patches, change password regularly,
move ssh to nonstandard ports, disable remote root access and do all the
rest I've learnt about security in years of running linux servers, also if I
couldn't believe they would hack my server. I only overlooked a piece of
unknown-third-party php code. It's just experience that makes you stronger.

Having your /tmp partition with noexec,nosuid is also considered a good
practice.

--
Toff