Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Mobile Phone Spyware CarrierIQ Redux

From: "Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster () remailer privacy at>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:57:29 +0100 (CET)

Vervata Wireless software is a mobile phone spyware company that makes a retail app called flexispy(flexispy.com) but
they also make a gov't version which installs to phones connected to any carrier where their server is installed. The
software usually loads as a carrier update and allows 100% backdoor keylogging, voice recording, gps tracking, etc. It
is used in many countries including Vietnam, Brunei, UK, Cambodia, Laos, and possibly China. Governments contract
secretly with this company which is headquartered in Thailand to install their Gamma servers and then use the spyware
to hunt down human rights activists and political dissidents so they can be imprisoned and executed. I already reported
them to IC3 and US Consulates but no avail so I want to get it out there to the community so you all can watch out for
it.