Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Google open redirect

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:46:49 -0500

On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:24:21 -0300, Pablo Ximenes said:
2011/12/8 Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf () coredump cx>
If you don't like it, let us know how to improve it. You also always
have the option of not researching vulnerabilities in these platforms;
going with the full-disclosure approach; or selling the flaws to a
willing third party.

Well, selling flaws to third parties might be considered a crime in some
places, so I would be cautious with that approach.

I suspect a large portion of the people who are selling flaws to third parties
are not at all concerned about whether selling the flaw is a crime, as often the
bigger question is how many crimes were committed in the discovery process...