Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Security Tool - Video] INSECT Pro 2.6.1 available

From: Steven Pinkham <steve.pinkham () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:44:21 -0400

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:17:58 -0300, root said:
Dude you just released INSECT Pro 2.7 less than a week ago. I swear to
god I'm being serious.

It's not unusual for commercial products with customers that demand product
stability to release version 3.5 or whatever, then release 3.6, and after that
release 3.5.1, 3.5.2, yadda yadda with just bugfixes so sites can get patched
without having to make the 3.5->3.6 jump.

Yes.  But they don't spam full-disclosure with that info every week.
Rapid releases can be good, but the list charter says:

"Gratuitous advertisement, product placement, or self-promotion is
forbidden."

Announcing every point release of a commercial product falls afoul of
that.
--
 | Steven Pinkham, Security Consultant    |
 | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |