Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: 0-day "vulnerability"

From: Akhthar Parvez K <akhthar () sysadminguide com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:28:15 +0530

The term "0-day (or zero-day)" means the action has been done very quickly even without giving the developer enough
time to fix the vulnerability of the software in question. Some commonly used terms are 0-day attack, 0-day exploit
etc. So if you take that into context, the terms like "0-day vulnerability" or "0-day disclosure" are technically
incorrect, IMHO.

I would like to define it like this:

"0-day x" where not all x are 0-days.

Arguments welcome :-)