Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Windows Vista/7 lpksetup dll hijack

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:44:22 +0000

I thought this would've killed the exploit as it killed the process, but when I sadly hit cancel, I was presented
with the payload's result (calc in the PoC).
I just thought this piece was interesting so I included it.  Sorry for any confusion.

Yes, I understand that part... My point is that the payload result of "calc" would run like that, but if the payload
did something else that required admin privileges, it would fail.  But I understand your point, and I do find it
interesting that the cancel proceeds with the .dll load.  That might be something worth looking at in more detail.