Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Filezilla's silent caching of user's credentials

From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:20:30 +0200

I'm not quite sure I grasp your 'red district' example, perhaps it's a
difference in national slang?

It's no use the criminal is handcuffed if he's not locked up in jail (or on
the way to one) - it's a matter of time for him/her sawing/picking them off.

I also think that a flame war might be brewing

The objective was to get people like you and Evans to think about it. I
don't care if people like silky
just won't hear any reason, opinion or whatever, on the matter. Ever since
he wrote "there's no discussion", I realized he's a lost case.

----

exactly how wrong their thought processes are. My post was meant to
encourage the reader to actually try and re-evalue his position own
his own and try a little bit of self-education on the matter.

That's some nice encouragement. Kind of reminds me of Windows XP's
connection troubleshooter;
"Please visit the interwebz and we'll help you connect to the internet."

Just because you signed up on FD and have a fancy blog doesn't mean you're
any better.
Really.
I wonder how many under-paid chinese hackers even own a wordpress account -
 and we know how they seem to find 0days which we don't find with our fancy
tools.

the issue.The game now (or at least here, on this list) is to try and
steer people away from FileZilla if it doesn't change. Anyones opinion

And that is my point exactly. While I'm shouting out loud, let me ask a
question:
How many FD readers are dumb enough to share their harddisks with the world?
None? So what is the problem in using FileZilla personally? I mean, anyone
which
takes security seriously, would be encrypting their drive in the first
place.