Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: [CASE:12632] Warning: BrailleNote Apex Offers Read/Write FTP And Telnet Access To All Comers

From: Sabahattin Gucukoglu <mail () sabahattin-gucukoglu com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 04:50:29 +0000

On 5 Nov 2010, at 03:24, Tweedle Doh wrote:
On 5 October 2010 13:24, Shawn Merdinger <shawnmer () gmail com> wrote:
HumanWare is tracking this as CASE:12632

It's been a month now ... Any word from the vendor (HumanWare) yet as
to what the official remedy will be, and/or how this sorry flaw came
to be shipped in a released product (build error ... design misfeature
..... worse) ?

There hasn't been any kind of contact to the community announcement list, or to their official news channel.

On the other hand, they're already making murmuring noises about their upcoming KeySoft (software) minor point release
to various blindness conferences/exhibitions; I'll be sure to find out exactly how this issue is resolved in that
update, and whether or not there's any actual announcement of the fact.

I am dabbling with the competition, which gives me a bit more flexibility.  Hopefully, I won't have the same news about
that.  I regret it though, because the hardware is somewhat behind.

Cheers,
Sabahattin