Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Saved XSS vulnerability in Internet Explorer

From: "MustLive" <mustlive () websecurity com ua>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 19:40:30 +0200

Hello Jacky Jack!

It's another interesting aspect of saving html files, mentioned by RSnake
and I've also read it in 2007. He mentioned about risks of "save web page
complete" feature in Firefox (and such risks of this feature exist in other
browsers), and I wrote in my advisories in 2007, 2008 and 2010 about risk of
"save web page complete" and "save web archive" features. There was issue
with saving web archive in Opera (in Opera 9.x and previous versions) and
there was issue with saving web archive in IE (in 6, 7, 8 and previous
versions), as I wrote in last advisory.

You can read my article Local XSS (http://websecurity.com.ua/4219/). And
also my articles Code Execution via XSS in Internet Explorer
(http://securityvulns.ru/Udocument911.html) and Cross-browser Code Execution
via XSS (http://securityvulns.ru/Udocument941.html), which I wrote in 2008
concerning this kind of vulnerabilities in different browsers which I found.
How the attack can be elevated from XSS to CE. In case if you haven't read
them (it's English versions of the articles).

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua