Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: NiX - Linux Brute Forcer (the beast) has been released!]]

From: Robert Kim App and Facebook Marketing <evdo.hsdpa () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:56:38 -0800

Are there any exclusively NiX forums? I've run into similar issues and
google isnt finding much for me

ugh

Some people have asked what advantages NiX offers over other tools, this
question should have been answered now.

Good job coding it though, I can't imagine that was easy.
Ryan

Thanks, really difficult and time consuming project but i have verified it
to be stable (45k combolist and over 1000 proxies).

PS. If any of you downloaded yesterday 1.0.0 version, please download
immediately the latest 1.0.1 version is i forgot to fix something
important (told in CHANGELOG) before i packed the release version.

If you find a bug, just let me know and i try to fix it asap.

other tools? Where is SOCKS4 proxy support? Where is proxy
randomization?
Where is logic to drop dead proxies? Where is logic for
fake-detection?

Then, you should have started by that, it is that simple.
We are all busy and you can't expect anyone to even have a look on
your
tool or link if you don't highlight how different it is from others or
why you did it.

As far as I am concerned, these features may be nice, but I don't need
them and will stick to Medusa for the brute force tests I run from
time
to time (ie not often, a few times a year at most).
But, to make it clear, it is just my personal opinion, I am not saying
that your tool is not interesting or useless.

I just gave a test-run for Hydra against my own site and noticed:

It does support only single proxy, any site that has even a bit
protection
have
working proxies) with randomization etc. This is significant advantage
over any other tool.

I have worked 1.5 months constantly on NiX, after i have had a little
break. I will implement support for other major protocols which is now
really easy after having otherwise working engine.

--
Robert Q Kim
Clothing Manufacturer and Garment Production