Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: iPhone data protection flaw

From: "Zach C." <fxchip () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:45:49 -0700

The iPhone uses proprietary protocols over USB for file operations, syncing
and the like -- only real authentication that I can recall (and I got it
working to begin with ;)) was that the session with lockdownd (kind of a
broker for starting services, etc.) eventually goes SSL... there is also
device pairing but it is really trivial to do and doesn't restrict the
computer at all.

Just so happens that Lucid Lynx might include libimobiledevice,
ifuse/gvfs-afc and all the necessary components now. :)

But yes, as another poster mentioned, you're jailed to your Media directory
unless jailbroken and connecting to afc2.

Sent from my Android phone