Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Windows' future (reprise)

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 13:39:04 -0500

--On Tuesday, May 18, 2010 14:40:45 +0000 "Thor (Hammer of God)"
<Thor () hammerofgod com> wrote:

What messages warning you from using Windows?  I certainly hope you do not
have me confused with the OP – I already used the term “hysteria” to
describe his ideas and subsequent recommendations.  The entire premise is
fatally flawed, and the subsequent replies show a level of ignorance that I
have not seen in a “professional” security person in some time.   It’s
not surprising to see that the background of his site “remains blackened in
protest against the many illegal and unethical activities of the USA.”
Hysterical indeed.

In fact, this thread has inspired me to add a new section to the Hammer of
God website (currently undergoing major renovation) called “Tard of the
Month”  where I’ll take claims like the one submitted by the OP and
basically… well, you know what I’ll do.

I just want to make sure you understand that *I* didn’t have anything do
with any ludicrous comments about abandoning the Windows platform because all
the oxygen in my computer was being consumed by what Symantec notes as “new
threats.”

OK.  What about the CO2 in your computer?  :-)

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst