Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Mathematica on Linux /tmp/MathLink vulnerability

From: Marsh Ray <marsh () extendedsubset com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 00:35:43 -0500

On 5/14/2010 12:16 AM, paul.szabo () sydney edu au wrote:
Dear Henri,

Have you requested CVE-identifier for this?

No, sorry, do not know how to do. Was hoping that Wolfram would quickly
(and "silently") fix the issue; otherwise maybe they can (must?) do.

I reported similar badness in some Intel tools for Linux. Their incident
response has been engaged, but I don't think either of us has requested
a CVE at this point.

Questions for the group:

A. Does anyone think there would be much gained by me requesting (or
insisting on) a CVE number?

B. Does anybody actually care about local escalations any more, or is
everyone just expected to have their very own personal virtual private
cloud for a security boundary?

Thanks,

- Marsh