Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SecurityFocus to partially shut down

From: Clement Gamé <clement () digi-nation com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:34:35 +0100

james o' hare a écrit :
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Jan G.B. <ro0ot.w00t () googlemail com> wrote:

deleting your group of professionals

Did you not want it deleted I thought that's what everyone wanted, so
I deleted it.

There is hardly anyone using mailing lists nowadays, its all happening
on Twitter now.

This not because everyone does it that it's not foolish ( History proves
it). The point is that aggregating all these twits,  blog entries and
else is a real pain in the ass and personnaly i have other things to do.
That's why we still need places that will collect, analyze and
redistribute the content coming from these multiple sources. So please
stop pissing off, yelling that twitter is the futur of full disclosure
and IT security information in general. It's probably true but unless we
finally get absolute convergence  from these multiple sources ( it will
never happen because of commercial issues) websites like SF will still
be useful. it's like previously milw0rm and exploitdb now...people can
publish exploits/pocs on their blogs but nobody contests the relevance
of these websites that were/are  precious for the community.

Regards,

C.Game