Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Windows Help Centre Handles Malformed Escape Sequences Incorrectly

From: Benji <me () b3nji com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:28:25 +0100

because when she gets 0wn3d she can be all like 'ruh roh, well, 0day
can happen to anyone'

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Benjamin Franz <jfranz () freerun com> wrote:
On 06/11/2010 02:40 AM, Christian Sciberras wrote:
In my humble opinion, he could have waited a couple more days just in
case Microsoft decided to do the unprecedented.
In which case, I progressive change of policies at Microsoft are
better than a couple of users getting hacked from pron sites...
As I said: Travis indicated in his original post he believes the exploit
*was already being used in the wild*. So NOT releasing it wouldn't
protect users. It would just keep it "secret" from everyone except
Microsoft *and the black hats who were already using it*. While
maintaining a false air of intact security for everyone else.

That is better, how?

--
Benjamin Franz