Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [USN-960-1] libpng vulnerabilities

From: Robert Święcki <robert () swiecki net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 15:51:54 +0200

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Marc Deslauriers
<marc.deslauriers () canonical com> wrote:
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-960-1              July 08, 2010
libpng vulnerabilities
CVE-2010-1205, CVE-2010-2249

A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases:

Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
Ubuntu 9.04
Ubuntu 9.10
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
After a standard system update you need to reboot your computer to make
all the necessary changes.

Nice ;). What about killing a black cat to make all the necessary
changes? The same relevancy from my perspective.

Aren't we too much of 'users will not understand what a service
restart is, so let's make them restart the whole OS' here?

--
Robert Święcki